Pavo HayChunks: healthy roughage treat for horses
Pavo HayChunks are an ideal treat to feed in addition to your regular hay or haylage, as a healthy snack, pre-work tummy liner or treat after work, or even a tool to provide your horse with some extra distraction when stabled for long hours.
The chunks are compressed rolls (about the size of a soda can) made of premium German herbal hay sourced from meadows inside protected German nature reserves. The organic hay, which is of a consistent quality and has a low nutritional value, is harvested from unfertilised pastures. Which is why the HayChunks are safe for all types of horses and ponies, including horses that are sensitive to sugar or prone to obesity, but which you would like to provide with some extra roughage or entertainment when stabled for long hours.
For a horse, eating roughage is ingrained in their DNA; naturally horses would graze up to 16 hours per day moving around constantly as they do this. Unfortunately, this is not possible in our region - especially in the summer months and horses end up being stabled for long hours. This can result in boredom and subsequently stable vices like kicking against the door, wind-sucking or weaving. Pavo HayChunks are a healthy roughage snack which can provide distraction and gives your horse something to do while still being healthy.
- Meadow hay (high temperature dried, pelletized) 99 %
- Soybean oil 1 %
- Energy (EWpa) 0,54 EWpa
- Energy (ME) 5,1 MJ/kg
Tips for feeding Pavo HayChunks:
The fun thing about Pavo HayChunks is that you can feed them in various ways, off the ground, or in the feed bowl, or in a small hay net. The more difficult you make it for your horse to get them, the longer time it takes for him to finish them! So you kill two birds with one stone; your horse gets additional roughage and he is happily occupied for a long time:
- In a hay net: place 3 - 4 HayChunks (for sufficient weight) in a small hay net and possibly add some hay
- Place the HayChunks on the ground, or hide a few in a portion of hay as a surprise
- Hand feed
- In the feed bowl (works very well for keeping your horse calm around meal times!)
- Do you own a senior horse or a horse with dental problems? In that case, you can soak the chunks in water which will make it easier for your horse to eat them.
- Daily advice: 1 to 4 HayChunks a day as an extra addition to the daily diet
- Maximum: feed max. 4 chunks per day (= 1 kilo)
- A box of Pavo HayChunks contains approximately 65-70 chunks (14 kg) Based on 4 chunks a day, 1 box will provide for 17 days of roughage treats.
Key Features of Pavo HayChunks - compressed hay treats:
- Healthy roughage snack
- For extra occupation/distraction
- Made from German herbal hay
- Grain and molasses free
- Low sugar content
- Stimulates saliva production
- Very palatable
- Suitable for all horses and ponies, in every diet
- Ideal for horses that are sensitive to dust or mould
- As extra roughage for horses in a livery stable
- For horses that are bored/showing stable vices
It is as described and easy to break and soak. Good quality