The Hanging cheek, also known as a Baucher Bit is a fixed cheek bit which helps encourage flexion, making this bit is especially useful for horses with a high head carriage. Can also be useful for horses that are unsure of the bit as it has limited movement in the mouth.
The Waterford mouthpiece is comprised of a series of ball shaped links, making it completely movable in all directions. This is particularly popular for combating issues such as leaning, taking hold of the bit and jaw setting. When the horse tries to take hold of the bit the mouthpiece collapses, leaving the horse with nothing rigid to take hold of.
Brass alloy is formed when copper is alloyed with a harder metal, this produces a warm and durable material which is perfect for horse bits as it can aid salivation and be more palatable to the horse. This hanging cheek Waterford is ideal for stronger horses who may also have a high head carriage. Should be worn 1/4" - 1/2" wider than standard to work effectively.
As per our size guide the A & B measurements of this bit are as follows:
Please note: The C measurement is taken between the first chain links at either end. It does not correspond to the full length of the mouthpiece.
Pair your hanging cheek horse bit with one of our gorgeous Anatomical Bridles.
Please note, for reasons of health and hygiene this bit is non returnable if removed from the template.
Features of Brass Baucher Training Bit
- Fixed, hanging cheek sides
- Brass alloy Waterford mouthpiece comprised of moving ball links
- Can help combat problems such as leaning, taking hold of the bit and jaw setting
- Can help soften horses with a high head carriage
- Ideally used by experienced riders
- Needs to be fitted 1/4" - 1/2" wider than standard
This bit is NOT BD Legal
- Bit strength: Moderate
Cleaning & Hygeine of the Bit:
To promote good hygiene and protect the longevity of your horse bit we recommend the following care regimen after every use.
- Rinse your bit after every use under a tap to remove any saliva or debris on the surface.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to wipe any excess debris off of the bit, paying particular attention to joins and hinges.
- Leave to dry naturally.
About Brass Alloy Horse Bits...
Brass alloy bits are warm, durable and they encourage the horse to salivate as well as easily accept the bit. Ideal for a range of horses, especially those that need encouragement to mouth and accept the bit.