Pink Mash Superfibre & Beetroot with added Linseed, Protexin Probiotics & Prebiotics
Pink Mash leads the way in advanced soaked fibre support for the digestive tract. When caring for horses and ponies we can disturb their natural biorhythmic patterns. Pink Mash was created to restore the natural, healthy functioning of the horses gut, despite the environmental challenges that can often occur.
Heaven for the Hindgut
Powerful Beetroot Antioxidants - Beetroot offers itself as a powerful antioxidant, but it is also a potent source of natural nitrate which converts to nitric oxide in the body. In human science there is a significant body of research to support the performance benefits of supplementation with beetroot.
Hydration - Provides a highly valuable source of daily hydration and can also be used ad hoc on race days and while travelling to encourage increased water uptake.
World Renowned Probiotics - With almost no detectable sugar and extremely low starch, this delicious quick soaking mash works in sympathy with the horses natural processes. It’s extraordinarily high fibre content transports world class Protexin probiotics directly to the hind gut, in doing so, bolsters and increases the beneficial bacterial population. It also has a secondary function through the MOS pre-biotics of binding up and removing unwanted bacteria. This leverages the horses ability to generate energy (VFA) from hind gut fermentation of fibre through enhanced microbial health.
Economical - One bag of Pink Mash will last one horse an average of 1 month making it extremely cost effective and economical to feed across the team.
Ingredients: Soya hull super fibre, Dried Beetroot, Micronised Linseed, Protexin Probiotics and Prebiotics.
Energy De (MJ/kg) - 9; Protein - 12%; Oils - 3.5%; Fibre - 40%; Sugar - <2%; Starch - <2%; Ash - 5%
|Horse Type/ Workload||Amount of Feed Per Day
|For normal health maintenance||100g of Pink Mash per 100kg of Bodyweight||A 500kg horse would be fed 500g (dry weight) of Pink Mash per day (Less than 2 Keyflow Cups)|
|For horses requiring an increase in healthy body condition||200g of Pink Mash per 100kg of bodyweight||A 500kg horse would be fed 1kg (dry weight) of Pink Mash per day (Just over 3 Keyflow Cups)|
|Feeding to horses as a partial hay replacement||Up to 500g of Pink Mash per 100kg of bodyweight||A 500kg horse could be fed up to 2.5kg (dry weight) of Pink Mash per day Just over 8 Keyflow Cups)|
PLEASE NOTE: Do not use boiling water as it may harm the live probiotics. For best results soak fresh and use within 2 hours. Feed together with a balanced diet. Introduce Pink Mash into feed gradually over a minimum of 7 days, any dietary changes should be made gradually. Total roughage offered should be between 1-2% of bodyweight daily.
How To Feed Pink Mash
- Add 1 part Pink Mash with 2.5 – 3 parts cold or room temperature water (not hot as this may damage the live pre and probiotics contained in the feed)
- Allow to soak for 5-10 minutes – you will visibly see the mash expand and absorb the majority of the water.
- Mix in with the rest of your feed. As with all feeds, it is best to introduce Pink Mash over a few days – especially if your horse is a fussy eater.
- Your feed is now ready to be served!
- It is preferable not to leave Pink Mash soaked for longer than two hours. This is because Pink Mash contains live pre-and pro-biotics, which may begin to ‘die off’ and become less beneficial after this time.
- Feed together with roughage (hay, chaff, chop, other forage or pasture). Where roughage is fed it should be offered at between 1 to 1.5% of body weight daily.
- Fresh clean water must be made available at all times.