Fibre-rich feed is very important for a horses digestive system. This is why horse owners choose Hartog Lucerne-mix in addition to concentrates. The high cellulose content of Hartog Lucerne-mix ensures better metabolism and intestinal functioning, self-evident in the horses manure. Horses maintain their proper weight and attain higher yields from their rations.
- Rich in vitamins, minerals and trace minerals
- Very beneficial for horses with allergies
- A noticeable improvement of the hoofs underside
- Helps prevents OC (D) because lucerne contains the essential vitamins required for mares and foals
- Improved intestinal bacteria, which is evident by the horses shiny and firm dung balls
- Proper digestion that decreases the risk of colic
- Prevents stiffness in hooves and muscles.
A low content of starch and sugar compared to hay or grass silage Composition: Hartog Lucerne-mix is made of freshly chopped lucerne combined with green harvested oats with Alexander clover ingredients. This mix was conceived especially for guaranteeing high energy and reducing the protein content. In addition, molasses and vegetable oil is added to this roughage mix, which results in a tastier, dust-free roughage with natural vitamin A, B, E, biotin, calcium, minerals and essential trace minerals such as copper, cobalt and selenium, as well as amino acids that are essential for the development of healthy bones and joints.
Feeding advice: Total roughage alternative: Approx. 1 kg of the product for every 100 kg weight of the horseAlongside (average quality) hay:1.5 - 3 kg per horse daily1 - 2 kg per pony dailyA full 10-litre bucket of Lucerne-mix is approximately 1.5 kg.If you are feeding only Lucerne-mix, it is recommended to add a phosphorus-rich feed, for example grains, in order to maintain proper calcium and phosphorus balance.